I saw in the site logs that "Shipping" was the number-one search term in our Help System. Looking at the shipping options, in order to make a new Help video, I saw why. The choices were baffling! I spent some time rewriting the names and the descriptions, marked some modules for deletion. This explanatory graphic shows management and programmers what should change, so non-technical people could set their own site's shipping.
BEFORE: Too many choices, names don't describe the function, and descriptions repeat the names.
AFTER: New Module List with fewer choices and more clarity.
- Module names are clarified where possible.
- Extra ship methods are removed.
- Descriptions focus on the issue each module solves.
- Distracting "Author" columns are deleted.
- Modules are ordered from most common to least.
- The most used modules are activated by default.
- Active Checkboxes are clear.
Shipping configuration was under "Store > Shipping Module," but activated in the "Admin > Configuration" panel.